About "Taxon list of Diplopoda from Germany compiled in the context of the GBOL project"
Taxon list of Diplopoda from Germany compiled in the context of the GBOL project
(TaxRefCode: TaxRef_GBOL_Diplopoda_DE, Projects_TNT ID: 704)
Characteristics of the taxon list
- Info about Diplopoda in Wikipedia under https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelfüßer and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millipede
- Number of species estimated worldwide: 10,000
- Number of taxon names below genus level in this list: about 150
- Synonyms: no
- Higher classification is included.
- List curator(s): Dr. Jörg Spelda, Dr. Thomas Wesener
The DTN Taxon lists services concept is described under http://www.diversitymobile.net/wiki/DTN_Taxon_Lists_Services. The taxon lists are offered via several open and freely accessible services with a dynamic data flow involving DTN data bases DTN Software and DTN Information model. A REST API called "DWB REST Webservice for Taxon Lists", shortly "DTNtaxonlists", is developed (Starting page and documentation). The services are offered via the "Taxon-names-and-terms-(TNT)" server at the SNSB IT Center, are registered in the BiodiversityCatalogue and accessed by the GFBio Terminology Server.
The activities to create and publish regional DTN lists started in 2012 as cooperation between the DiversityMobile/IBF project and GBOL. Since 2014 the initiative is part of the German Federation for Biological Data (=GFBio) project with involvement of the SMNS, SNSB and ZFMK.
The following organisations and projects are active in supporting curation activities of the Diplopoda list:
- Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig, Bonn (ZFMK) – list curation
- Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns, München (SNSB with SNSB-ZSM) – list curation
- German Barcode of Life (GBOL) – coordination of taxon list mobilisation and curation: Björn Rulik (ZFMK), Jérôme Morinière and Jörg Spelda (SNSB–ZSM)
- German Federation for Biological Data (GFBio) – coordination of taxon list mobilisation and curation: Joachim Holstein, Juan Carlos Monje (SMNS) and Tanja Weibulat (SNSB)
The list should be cited as: Spelda, J. & Wiesener, T. (2015 onwards). Taxon list of Diplopoda from Germany compiled in the context of the GBOL project. – [accessed e. g. through the DWB REST Webservice for Taxon Lists under http://services.snsb.info/DTNtaxonlists/rest/v0.1/static/api-doc.html or as csv download, 2015-08-11]
The list is offered under Creative Commons License CC BY 3.0 DE.
In parallel, the list is published as GBIF checklist dataset (doi:10.15468/rwkgun) and available under http://www.gbif.org/dataset/90b8e466-8ef2-440f-9b38-8f283d3174cc.
- REIP, H.S., SPELDA, J., VOIGTLÄNDER, K., DECKER, P. & LINDNER, E.N. (2016): Rote Liste und Gesamtartenliste der Doppelfüßer (Myriapoda: Diplopoda) Deutschlands. – In: GRUTTKE, H., BINOT-HAFKE, M., BALZER, S., HAUPT, H., HOFBAUER, N., LUDWIG, G., MATZKE-HAJEK, G. & RIES, M. (Red.): Rote Liste gefährdeter Tiere, Pflanzen und Pilze Deutschlands. Band 4: Wirbellose Tiere (Teil 2). – Naturschutz und Biologische Vielfalt 70 (4): 299–324.
- VOIGTLÄNDER, K., REIP, H. S., DECKER, P. & SPELDA, J. (2011): Critical reflections on German Red Lists of endangered myriapod species (Chilopoda, Diplopoda) (with species list for Germany). – International Journal of Myriapodology 6: 85–105.