About "Taxon list of Amphibia from Germany compiled in the context of the GBOL project"
Taxon list of Amphibia from Germany compiled in the context of the GBOL project
(TaxRefCode: TaxRef_GBOL_Amphibia_DE, Projects_TNT ID: 924)
Characteristics of the taxon list
- Info about Amphibia in Wikipedia under https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibien and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibian
- Number of species estimated worldwide: more than 7,000
- Number of taxon names below genus level in this list: 22
- Synonyms: no
- German vernacular names: 22
- Higher classification is included.
- List curator(s): Dr. Dennis Rödder
The DTN Taxon lists services concept is described under http://www.diversitymobile.net/wiki/DTN_Taxon_Lists_Services. The taxon lists are offered via several open and freely accessible services with a dynamic data flow involving DTN data bases DTN Software and DTN Information model. A REST API called "DWB REST Webservice for Taxon Lists", shortly "DTNtaxonlists", is developed (Starting page and documentation). The services are offered via the "Taxon-names-and-terms-(TNT)" server at the SNSB IT Center, are registered in the BiodiversityCatalogue and accessed by the GFBio Terminology Server.
The activities to create and publish regional DTN lists started in 2012 as cooperation between the DiversityMobile/IBF project and GBOL. Since 2014 the initiative is part of the German Federation for Biological Data (=GFBio) project with involvement of the SMNS, SNSB and ZFMK.
The following organisations and projects are active in supporting curation activities of the Amphibia list:
- Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig, Bonn (ZFMK) – list curation
- German Barcode of Life (GBOL) – coordination of taxon list mobilisation and curation: Björn Rulik (ZFMK), Jérôme Morinière and Jörg Spelda (SNSB–ZSM)
- German Federation for Biological Data (GFBio) – coordination of taxon list mobilisation and curation: Joachim Holstein, Juan Carlos Monje (SMNS) and Tanja Weibulat (SNSB)
The list should be cited as: Rödder, D. (2016 onwards). Taxon list of Amphibia from Germany compiled in the context of the GBOL project. – [accessed e. g. through the DWB REST Webservice for Taxon Lists under http://services.snsb.info/DTNtaxonlists/rest/v0.1/static/api-doc.html or as csv download, 2016-01-12]
The list is offered under Creative Commons License CC BY 3.0 DE.
- FROST, D. R. (2011): Amphibian Species of the World: an Online Reference. Version 5.5 (31 January, 2011). Electronic Database accessible at http://research.amnh.org/vz/herpetology/amphibia/ American Museum of Natural History, New York, USA.
- KÜHNEL, K.-D., GEIGER, A., LAUFER, H., PODLOUCKY, R. & SCHLÜPMANN, M. (2009): Rote Liste und Gesamtartenliste der Lurche (Amphibia) Deutschlands. – In HAUPT, H., LUGWIG, G., GRUTTKE, H., BINOT-HAFKE, M., OTTO, C. & PAULY, A. (Red.): Rote Liste gefährdeter Tiere, Pflanzen und Pilze Deutschlands. Band 1: Wirbeltiere. – Naturschutz und Biologische Vielfalt 70 (1): 259–288.