DiversityMobile IPR and Licenses
Intellectual property rights and licenses for software code and scientific content
- The smartphone app DiversityMobile is implemented by Tobias Schneider and Georg Rollinger, University of Bayreuth, Chair for Applied Computer Science IV under supervision by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Jablonski.
- DWB applications as part of the DiversityMobile environment are implemented by Dr. Markus Weiss and Wolfgang Reichert, SNSB IT Center.
- DiversityMobile web services are established by Dieter Neubacher and Wolfgang Reichert, SNSB IT Center.
- The DWB database models are published under Creative Common License CC-ND (see http://diversityworkbench.net/Portal/Information_models).
- DWB software, including software created as part of the IBF project, is generally distributed under GPLv2 license.
- DTN Taxon name lists and scientific term lists are managed through DWB applications as part of research and research infrastructure projects like BFL, GBIF.DE Participant Nodes, GFBio, GBOL, IBF and LIAS.
- As part od the DiversityMobile workflow the DTN Taxon name lists and Scientific term lists are used as "pick lists", i. e. with read-only access. The Intellectual property rights lie with the list curators, authors and institutions cited under TNT services and Taxon lists services.
- DTN Taxon name lists and Scientific term lists are provided under Creative Common License CC-BY as far as TNT services are concerned.
- The scientific data gained with DiversityMobile during the IBF and other projects and published through the GBIF portal is provided under CC-BY-SA Creative Common License. Users have to accept the GBIF Data Use Agreement.
- The TK25 Maps Bavaria for DiversityMobile are accessible under the rights and licenses of the Bayerische Vermessungsverwaltung.
- The standard lists for biotope types in Bavaria and plant associations in Germany are accessible under the rights and licenses of the Bayerisches Landesamt für Umwelt, the Bayerische Landesanstalt für Wald und Forstwirtschaft, the Bundesamt für Naturschutz, Florenkartierung and Netzwerk Phytodiversität Deutschland (NetPhyD) (see also under Flora von Bayern, Basisfachdaten).